All 1,581 audio Reviews

~SW~ Star Nuclei ~SW~ Star Nuclei

cool song man! A few issues that we already discussed, but overall a very nice plesant experience - nice melodies and great panning! ;)

just watch out for making your song too right heavy ;)

-+[Lavender Town]+- -+[Lavender Town]+-

nice song, but not a creepy enough rendition for my liking :P

LadyArsenic responds:

So you've said. Thanks

Hide and Seek {Techno Mix} Hide and Seek {Techno Mix}

you can never have enough hide and seek remixes :)

'nuff said :)

go check out my music!

Cosmic Stream of Life Cosmic Stream of Life

hey sweet someone made a piece of my artwork!

Yeah this definitely fits it

*grooves to it*

tbh I love the repeating melody and the rumbling in the bg - it did get a bit muddy around :55 with the bass introduction - you might wanna space that out a bit so it isn't interfering with your strings

also glad to see people are still making audio contests in my absence, and that people still remember who I am hehe..

also I think the word you are looking for is "repetetive" not "repeative" hehehe ;)

I like the drop you do around the 2:50 mark - I love bringing a portion of the song into focus that way :)

the stuff in the bg helps to break up the monotony.. always remember if you have a long repetitive minimalist section, adding bg ambiance will help it to transition seamlessly.. it's all about keep the focus of the listener on something that is unique and ever changing :)

good stuff!

Ectisity responds:

Thanks for the review. Glad you think it fits your art :D. Means alot :). You seem to have alot of musical knowledge and I'll definetly take the stuff you point out into consideration.

I really admire your art man and I'm glad I was able to make a song out of it :).
Thank you s o much for taking your time and review :D.

-enochcity

Raise This Barn - AWE64 Raise This Barn - AWE64

haha awesome rendition man :)

KH Halloween Town Remix KH Halloween Town Remix

lol you talked about me midi ripping a song 10 years ago and you basically do the same thing but add a drumline over it and call it a remix? Come on dude.

Unlike you however I won't be a douche and give you a piddly score. I'll give you a 4.

-shawn-

heavy ass drop master heavy ass drop master

I could make this sound coherent lol but I use different stereo techniques than other people :P

this does sound rather eq washed, esp. in the drums.. but it doesn't sound too bad considering :)

mhb responds:

this track contains about 40 tracks.
12 rhythm guitar tracks.
4 lead tracks.
4 drum tracks.
then i took those 18 tracks, doubled 'em, and panned hard left and hard right.
then those 36 tracks were put though an eq, then a multiband, then a reverb, and finally through a boost.

i originally made this track for a level i designed in hammer for half-life 2.

one room.
35 zombies.
completely black except for one crazy strobe light.
your only weapon is the crowbar and there is no health to be gained.

kinda back when fps games were more about gibs and excitement instead of fake military bullshit.

very fun track to compose and record.
bitch to get to sound ok.

you don't know hell you don't know hell

hmm.. methinks you need to separate things out before.. it's all kinda clumped in one central stereo spot, and it makes it hard to hear the vocals as they kinda of tend to blend into everything,. a good experimentation, but it suffers from stereo imo.

keep up the good work!

mhb responds:

this song was meant to sound this way. i wanted it to be as unpleasant to listen to as possible.

i took the stereo outputs and crammed them into a joint stereo output with 3 separate compressors and 2 eq's.

i wanted to make sure nobody could hear a clear note and all they could hear was the muffled tones all mishmashed together to create a swirling sound of hellish voices from the feedback.

to me, at the end, i can hear suffering souls in the mix.

i know, i know.

usually you want to be able to hear things clearly, be able to tell what instruments are bein' used, pick out notes and scales, understand what's goin' on, etc.

with this i just wanted to make it sound like something that you couldn't understand but still sounded disturbing.

thanks for takin' the time to review it, chron!

Carol Of The Balls Carol Of The Balls

lulz

just had to rape my fave song.. oh well.. my fault for suggesting you do this song. still pretty cool!

Evil-Dog responds: