Be a Supporter!

ChronamutChronamut

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 1,604 Fans

991 audio Reviews with Responses

-+[Lavender Town]+- -+[Lavender Town]+-

nice song, but not a creepy enough rendition for my liking :P

LadyArsenic responds:

So you've said. Thanks

Cosmic Stream of Life Cosmic Stream of Life

hey sweet someone made a piece of my artwork!

Yeah this definitely fits it

*grooves to it*

tbh I love the repeating melody and the rumbling in the bg - it did get a bit muddy around :55 with the bass introduction - you might wanna space that out a bit so it isn't interfering with your strings

also glad to see people are still making audio contests in my absence, and that people still remember who I am hehe..

also I think the word you are looking for is "repetetive" not "repeative" hehehe ;)

I like the drop you do around the 2:50 mark - I love bringing a portion of the song into focus that way :)

the stuff in the bg helps to break up the monotony.. always remember if you have a long repetitive minimalist section, adding bg ambiance will help it to transition seamlessly.. it's all about keep the focus of the listener on something that is unique and ever changing :)

good stuff!

Ectisity responds:

Thanks for the review. Glad you think it fits your art :D. Means alot :). You seem to have alot of musical knowledge and I'll definetly take the stuff you point out into consideration.

I really admire your art man and I'm glad I was able to make a song out of it :).
Thank you s o much for taking your time and review :D.

-enochcity

heavy ass drop master heavy ass drop master

I could make this sound coherent lol but I use different stereo techniques than other people :P

this does sound rather eq washed, esp. in the drums.. but it doesn't sound too bad considering :)

mhb responds:

this track contains about 40 tracks.
12 rhythm guitar tracks.
4 lead tracks.
4 drum tracks.
then i took those 18 tracks, doubled 'em, and panned hard left and hard right.
then those 36 tracks were put though an eq, then a multiband, then a reverb, and finally through a boost.

i originally made this track for a level i designed in hammer for half-life 2.

one room.
35 zombies.
completely black except for one crazy strobe light.
your only weapon is the crowbar and there is no health to be gained.

kinda back when fps games were more about gibs and excitement instead of fake military bullshit.

very fun track to compose and record.
bitch to get to sound ok.

you don't know hell you don't know hell

hmm.. methinks you need to separate things out before.. it's all kinda clumped in one central stereo spot, and it makes it hard to hear the vocals as they kinda of tend to blend into everything,. a good experimentation, but it suffers from stereo imo.

keep up the good work!

mhb responds:

this song was meant to sound this way. i wanted it to be as unpleasant to listen to as possible.

i took the stereo outputs and crammed them into a joint stereo output with 3 separate compressors and 2 eq's.

i wanted to make sure nobody could hear a clear note and all they could hear was the muffled tones all mishmashed together to create a swirling sound of hellish voices from the feedback.

to me, at the end, i can hear suffering souls in the mix.

i know, i know.

usually you want to be able to hear things clearly, be able to tell what instruments are bein' used, pick out notes and scales, understand what's goin' on, etc.

with this i just wanted to make it sound like something that you couldn't understand but still sounded disturbing.

thanks for takin' the time to review it, chron!

Carol Of The Balls Carol Of The Balls

lulz

just had to rape my fave song.. oh well.. my fault for suggesting you do this song. still pretty cool!

Evil-Dog responds:

thanks you dolfer :D

Awakened from Cryosleep Awakened from Cryosleep

I love this song man - used to listen to it all the time on youtube.. glad to see you're still making music here! Love your stuff :)

RetromanOMG responds:

I just looked up the video for this song and it has over 4000 views! That's awesome, I never knew people actually cared about my music, to be honest!

Thanks so much for the comment, I really appreciate it!

Send Me An Angel(Cover) Send Me An Angel(Cover)

haha I thought this was the other "send me an angel" song from the 80s at first hehe..

"do you believe, in heaven abooove, do you believei n looove"

haha..

eh it's alright man, seems a bit bland in comparison to your style though, also the stereo feels like you're trying to cram too much high end in, esp. with the guitar and the voice when they play in unison.

then when the strings come in it all becomes rather muddy.. all in all, not your best work.. needs improvements.

-shawn-

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Cheers man. I'm limited to the regular stereo field. No "holophonics" for this guy. Ever. haha. Nothing I listen to music on, would be able to take advantage of a system like that. But you are right, there are a lot of things competing for the center field. The best I could do was bounce them around, front center, middle center, and rear center and then make sure their frequencies didn't clash.

And they don't.

The actual song is particularly simple, I was quite proud of the diversity and use of the stereo field I added. So I disagree with you there. I find it pretty nice on my gear. So I'm probably not going to "improve" it cause I'm kinda done with it. but only kinda...haha But thanks for the listen and review.

Cheers man.

Shadow Madness - Forestgrove Shadow Madness - Forestgrove

hm I didn't like it too much at first as I felt the guitar sound was a bit cheesy but I listeened further and it grew on me - good job :)

check out my stuff!

kuro-rpg responds:

The guitar part plays mostly like the original. I did not want to stray too much with the guitar stuff. I played with the choral ahs a lot, and I think I got interesting results with those. :) Thank you!

*Secretly goes to check some stuff you worked on*

VGMusicRox - Frantic Factory ( VGMusicRox - Frantic Factory (

this is so weird cuz I was also working on a version of this song - it's a bit on the backburner for now, but I do love your song.. not too keen on the floor creaking sound being converted to a music box windup sound though but that's about the only beef I have with it :)

check out my music!

Viproxi responds:

Thanks!

Actually, the "floor creaking" sound, literally is a music box wind up from a music box that I found in my house.

You can see it in the video! I assure you, it's the real deal.

Good luck with your cover, its a very fun tune to play :D

Stray Sheep Cover Stray Sheep Cover

nice piano sound! Very relaxing :)

NexusRS responds: